I have two apparently unrelated lines of Stewarts. Both my mother and my father had Stewart ancestors. This page contains links to research papers on my paternal Stewarts and related families. Go here for papers on my maternal Stewart line.
Paternal Stewarts of Ohio and Texas
My father’s paternal grandmother (who he never knew) was Emma Stewart, daughter of Moses Stewart of Ohio and Texas. Here are links to research papers on the five generations of Stewarts leading to Emma Stewart.
- Andrew Stewart (c1695 – c1754) of Pennsylvania, a likely immigrant from Ireland
- Moses Stewart (c1722 – 28 July 1790) of Pennsylvania
- Andrew Stewart (c1760 – 1805) of Pennsylvania and Ohio, husband of Abigail Shingledecker
- Moses Stewart Sr. (10 September 1792 – 29 November 1874) of Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Illinois, husband of Teracy Cannon
- Moses Stewart Jr. (22 June 1825 – c1910) — my great-great-grandfather, who died in Texas, husband of Mary Jane Anderson
- Jacob Shingledecker (1705 – 1767) — a research paper on a 1773 immigrant to Pennsylvania
- Jacob Shingledecker Jr. (1740-c1820) — father of Abigail who married Andrew Stewart (c1760-1805)
- In search of Teracy Cannon, wife of Moses Stewart Sr. (1792-1874)
- John Anderson (c1795 – 4 August 1858) — a paper on the husband of Rachel Munday and father of Mary Jane Anderson who married Moses Stewart Jr. (1825-c1910)
- Some details on the newspapers edited by John Anderson
- John Munday (ca1770 – 7 September 1833) — a paper on the husband of Mary Hulse and father of Rachel Munday who married John Anderson